W. P. Wilstach Collection Records
The records include correspondence of the Committee chairmen, the Custodians, and the conservators, lists, and clippings.
- Fairmount Park Commission (Philadelphia, Pa.) (Creator, Organization)
The collection is open for research.
The W.P. Wilstach Collection Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
The W. P. Wilstach Collection of art was bequeathed to the city in 1892 following the probate of Anna H. Wilstach's will. Originally administered by the Commissioners of Fairmount Park and a Wilstach Committee, the PMA acquired custodianship in 1917 when Director Langdon Warner was appointed Curator of the Collection. Currently, the Commissioners continue to administer the collection while custody remains with the Museum.
These materials were arranged and described by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Guide to the W. P. Wilstach Collection Records
- Finding aid prepared by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler
- Language of description
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation
- Edition statement
- 9/20/2004: Kat Stefko: Updated links from "mellon-archives" to "archives."
- 1/20/2006: Susie Anderson: New nodes and citation