Fairmount Park Commissioners Records
The Museum Archives has no official records of the Park Commissioners. The items here were gifted to the Museum's library and consist primarily of scrapbooks documenting the Museum's early years through to the opening of the new building and ending in 1933. Also included are several copies of the Annual Reports of the Commissioners of Fairmount Park and half-tone plates used in annual reports.
- 1913-1933, undated
- Fairmount Park Commission (Philadelphia, Pa.) (Creator, Organization)
The collection is open for research.
The Fairmount Park Commissioners Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
3.88 linear feet
These materials were arranged and described by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Guide to the Fairmount Park Commissioners Records
- Finding aid prepared by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler
- Language of description
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation
- Edition statement
- 9/20/2004: Kat Stefko: Updated links from "mellon-archives" to "archives.'
- 1/20/2006: Susie Anderson: New nodes and citation
- 7/11/2007: Bertha Adams: July 11, 2007