Leslie W. Miller Records
Scope and Contents
The records are indexed letter books of outgoing correspondence.
- Miller, L. W. (Leslie William), 1848-1931 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Leslie W. Miller Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
Biographical / Historical
Leslie W. Miller was the first Principal of the School of Industrial Art. Hired in 1880, he retired in 1920, and remained as Principal Emeritus until 1930.
2 linear feet
Language of Materials
The Leslie W. Miller Records consist of Miller's outgoing correspondence.
These materials were arranged and described by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Guide to the Leslie W. Miller Records
- Finding aid prepared by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation