Michael Botwinick Records
His records consist of exhibition files, curatorial department records, and Museum subjects.
- Botwinick, Michael (Creator, Person)
The collection is open for research.
The Michael Botwinick Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
2.5 linear feet
From 1971 to 1974 Botwinick was the first Assistant Director for Art, a newly created post. He left here to become the Director of the Brooklyn Museum and, beginning in 1982 served as Director of the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
These materials were arranged and described by Louise F. Rossmassler. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Guide to the Michael Botwinick Records
- Finding aid prepared by Louise F. Rossmassler
- Language of description
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation
- Edition statement
- 9/20/2004: Kat Stefko: Updated links from "mellon-archives" to "archives.'
- 1/20/2006: Susie Anderson: New nodes and citation
- 7/2/2007: Bertha Adams: July 2, 2007