Julius Zieget Records
Zieget's files reflect his varied activities, and comprise transactions with city, state, and private foundations for support, budget and funding reports, gift acknowledgements, exhibition records, and extensive bequest files.
- Zieget, Julius (Creator, Person)
The collection is open for research.
The Julius Zieget Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
7.5 linear feet
Julius Zieget was Secretary of the Corporation from 1928 to 1963, and was appointed Treasurer in 1934. During his lengthy service, Zieget worked closely with Fiske Kimball, participating in PMA development. He was instrumental in securing WPA aid for the Museum, and he completed agreements with major donors.
These materials were arranged and described by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler in 1987. Revised 2007. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Guide to the Julius Zieget Records
- Finding aid prepared by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler (12/31/87). Revised 2007.
- Language of description
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation
- Edition statement
- 9/20/2004: Kat Stefko: Updated links from "mellon-archives" to "archives.'
- 1/20/2006: Susie Anderson: New nodes and citation
- 6/7/2007: Bertha Adams: June 7, 2007