Skip to main content

Committee on the Samuel S. Fleisher Art Memorial, 1945-1964


Scope and Contents

The minutes of this committee begins with its first meeting held January 29,1945. At that time, the Museum's Trustees granted the committee "full authority to administer the affairs of the Memorial within the limits of the amount of income available for this purpose." At its inception, the committee was one of the standing committees. By May 21, 1964, the last date of minutes maintained in this record group, a Board of Governors replaced the committee. Although the Museum continues to administer the Memorial, the institution is a separate organization that operates as a free art school and gallery.

A published copy of the Will of Samuel S. Fleisher as well as a six-month financial report for 1964 are included in the "Miscellany" series.


  • 1945-1964

Conditions Governing Access

The collection is open for research.


From the Series: 11.5 linear feet

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English




Repository Details

Part of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Library and Archives Repository

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646
Philadelphia PA 19101-7646 United States